PROJECT MANAGEMENT OFFICE (PMO)
Australia's first Project Management Office (PMO) Special Interest Group (SIG) was formed by the Victorian Chapter in June 2006, to provide a forum where interested people could meet informally to discuss PMO issues and experiences.
This idea has since spread to other chapters, as more and more organisations embrace the PMO concept.
PMO SIGs aim to:
- promote professional awareness of the value of PMOs as a means to achieve organisational project objectives
- promote collaboration and integration between project, program and portfolio management disciplines
- provide common ground for the exchange of knowledge and ideas
- canvas solutions to overcome PMO challenges
PMO SIG meetings cover a broad range of definitions of 'PMO', including:
- Project Management Office (standards and methodology)
- Program Management Office (several related projects)
- Portfolio Management Office (strategic alignment focus)
Each chapter is responsible for the PMO SIG in their state/territory.
Active State Communities
The following states/territories have active PMO groups. Get in touch with your local contact for further details: